Monthly Archives: January 2012
I have never wanted to grow up. When I was little I used to pray that Jesus would come back before I turned 16 so that I never had to grow up. I pretty much suck at being an adult, and feel like it is more of a job than a natural progression of life. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way.
This week it has been harder to be an adult than most weeks, and in celebration of this week being over, I have compiled a list of adulthood pros and cons to amuse myself.
First, the pros.
1. You can drink legally.
2. You are old enough to start a family — if someone will have you.
3. You can drive.
And now, the cons.
1. You must work countless hours to make a living.
2. You no longer have time to have fun.
3. Wanting to have fun is now considered laziness.
4. You have to make your own life-altering decisions.
5. You get funny looks when you cuddle stuffed animals.
6. You are expected to endure the horrors of life with a smile on your face.
7. You can no longer throw tantrums in public.
8. If you do throw tantrums in public you are arrested for disturbing the peace.
9. As you get older the cold seeps into your bones.
10. You don’t have as much energy as you used to.